Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Building an Army (part 2)

So today's undertaking was a bite more involved than last night, and well to be honest its a sign of things to come. Over the past few weeks ive been slowly stripping all the paint off my old army in order to basically switch chapters and use a new theme. Im either going to go black templars or something in the same vein, color scheme wise. One idea I had running was a sucessor chapter using basically the same color scheme as the Black templars, but with grey shoulders instead of white ones, but we will see. The hard part is a name, and well, as much as I would like the Dark Knights, well.. its a bit cliche.


One of the things i noticed today was how much more time im going to have to spend repainting the models that were stripped, as the prime and wash only go so far. Im making sure to get good coverage, but as you can see from todays addition, the paint might seem to be caked. Plus I need to think about how to protect the coats, matte? gloss? im not sure. But for now onto the project.


So today we start with a smurf Land Speeder . I had to make sure to wash him and clean him off nicely so you couldnt see much blue. After the prime it looked like i had caught all the crevices, but I still had the wash to go over.




The land speeder was a bit easeir this time, because i had a general idea what I was going to be doing this time, and really the only accent colors were going to be silver, and well... silver. Keep it simple is my philosophy. Plus I want my army to have a bit of a night strike theme, so I dont want yellows and blues and otherwise bright colors making them stick out.


So then the bits, they were primed at the same tiem as the speeder itself, so really the only thing i had to do was assemble them. After putting them together I put them back onto the speeder, and viola, all done.




I also utilized the same time to finish up the 2nd dread that I had sitting around. Arnie, was happy to get some arms and even sneak into a few shots with his 2 new buddies in their lil new whip.





So yea, 1.5 models done. My next goal will be my bikers, I need to score one more so I can have a squad of 4. It will be nice to have them and refer to them as the 4 horsemen. On that same note I need another dread also, 1) for more weapon variety, and 2) to compete the 3 wisemen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX
I am a 25 year old college graduate with a BA in Criminal Justice. I do alot of tinkering and messing around with alot of stuff. Lots of hobbies and creativity flowing in the ol noggin, so I figured I might as well share it with you.